Thursday, July 9, 2009

State Department THEN Beijing ...

A small faux pas on my part. Our dossier was just couriered to the state department. I mentioned on my July 6th post that Homeland Security/Immigration was the last step before the final trip to Beijing. I guess I am so excited about being done with the paperwork I forgot this step. Thank goodness my husband is on the ball. The state department takes a few weeks and then we will be set for "Chinese Delivery."

Yesterday I received a phone message at home from my mother-in-law. She was babysitting our niece Alexis and apparently Alexis wanted to talk to us. As soon as I walked in the front door I called the "Florida Contingency" i.e. our family down south. After dealing with annoying adults all day it's kind of refreshing to speak to a four year old. Alexis and her parents and brothers are going to Orlando later this week to meet with the friends they met on their adoption adventure in China. When I asked my niece if she was going to see Mickey Mouse she said "No! I am visit with my friends from China." There is nothing like a child's perspective on the important things in life. She then went on to explain how she has her own apron at her Grandma's house and she is putting it on to help with dinner. I can't wait to have our little one here so she can visit my inlaws and help Grandma too. (smile)


Chinese Word of the Day

可以
kěyǐ
/ can / may / possible / able to /

No comments: