Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes....

Just a random thought/observation for the day:


I am not one to chase the celebrity drama that seems to unfold on a daily basis. Sure, I read Perez Hilton once in a while and even check in at people.com occasionally. Today I watched a bit of the Michael Jackson tribute online. At the end of the ceremony the Jackson family, including Michael's children, got up to say a few words. The most poignant part of this whole circus was when Michael's 11 year old daughter Paris some how had the courage to step up to the microphone to say a few words to the throngs of people at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

"Ever since I was born, Daddy was the best father you could ever imagine. I just wanted to say I love him so much."

Regardless of what anyone thinks they know about this man's personal life, his struggles, his poor judgement...whatever....he meant the world to his children. I can only hope and pray that they are cared for, loved and protected in what will most likely be a horrible tug of war for their father's empire.


Chinese Word of the Day

伴侣

bànlǚ

/ companion / mate / partner/

1 comment:

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Well said, he was in the news for a lot of different reasons but he was a father and his kids will miss him terribly.