Saturday, July 25, 2009

Finally ...the dossier is on its way to China!

Our dossier was shipped to China yesterday. It's hard to believe we are officially done with all the paperwork. Our agency said we can expect about a 6 week wait to receive our log in date. Although we are years away from getting a daughter I can feel the nesting instinct starting already. I have started to organize and throw away stuff I have been hoarding for years. How I became such a collector of stuff baffles me. I know I am a memory keeper for sure, saving things given to me by the people I have loved and who have loved me back. But do I really need every greeting card ever given to me? Once you hit forty that's a lot of paper.


I spent the last week at a young writers retreat. I received graduate credit for working with high school kids on creative writing. It was so amazing and totally restored my faith in humanity and the power of youth. These kids were so honest and so talented. Each one with their own personality, writing style and voice. To say I was inspired was an understatement. This experience was magical. My dream to teach was completely renewed. Any fears I may have had were put to rest. Teaching rules and I can't wait to have my own classroom.



Chinese Word of the Day

掌声

zhǎngshēng

/ applause /

1 comment:

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Yeah your paperwork finally went!!
I'm sure you can't wait to get that official LID date!

Sounds lke you had a wonderful tme with those young writers and it's restored your faith in teaching again.