Thursday, February 5, 2009

Career Change

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be an English teacher. Over the years I achieved my B.A. in English and an MBA. With the recent turn in the economy and the serious possibility of becoming a parent, I figured it was now or never. I started my first class in education last week. It's entitled "Youth Literacy" and in the class we explore books about adolescence and books adolescences read. I can not express how much I love this class. My interest in this class is so intense the 2 hours I spend there feels like it flies by. I wish I could stay longer but the professor and other students leave and I would be alone in the dark. OK maybe I'd leave the light on. Seriously, I feel in my heart that this is my calling. To realize I will achieve this after so many years brings me great joy and a sense of triumph. I will never be rich but I will make a difference. How cool is that ?

I went to look up the Chinese word of the day and found this :


办学
bànxué
/ to run a school /
Coincidence ? I think not.....Life is good

No comments: